MOTHERSHIP INDUSTRIES, LLC PRIVACY STATEMENT
Our Commitment to Privacy
Your privacy is very important to us. To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. This Notice is available on our homepage and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
MOTHERSHIP INDUSTRIES, LLC
101425 OVERSEAS HWY
KEY LARGO FL 33037
1. Types of Personal Information We Collect
Personal Information is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact an individual. It also includes other information that may be associated with Personal Information. We collect the following types of Personal Information:
• Contact Information that allows us to communicate with you, such as your name, postal addresses, email addresses, social media website user account names, telephone numbers, or other addresses at which you receive communications from or on behalf of Mothership.
• Relationship Information including lifestyle information; location information related to your state/province, city, or neighborhood; areas of interest, information collected from social media interactions (such as via Facebook Connect); demographic information (e.g., birth date, age, gender); information about persons for whom you have purchased our
product (e.g. self use, gift, etc); and information about friends who refer you or who you have referred.
• Transaction Information about how you interact with Mothership, such as the products you view, purchase and redeem; other information about how you use our Sites, email, other communications, and applications.
• Financial Account Information as needed to process payments for products that you buy, such as your credit or debit card number, expiration date, and card verification number.
• Mobile Location Information to help us offer you real-time deals nearby, if you have activated one of our mobile applications and permitted your mobile or other locationaware device to transmit location data.
2. How Mothership Collects Personal Information
Mothership collects information that you provide us about other people when you purchase products as gifts, including those persons’ Contact Information and Relationship Information. We create transaction records of your gift to those persons. If you use a social media platform or your mobile device (or other method of communication) to interact with Mothership or the Sites, the application may have a specific privacy statement that governs the use of Personal Information related to that application. We may receive additional Personal Information from third parties. We may use this Personal Information to enhance other information we have about you to help us better understand you and to otherwise enhance the Sites or Mothership services.
3. How Mothership Uses Personal Information
Mothership uses Personal Information to:
• Operate and improve our Sites;
• Provide customers with offers for products and services including product offers based on variables such as stated and anticipated customer interests, personal characteristics, or location;
• Facilitate orders for Mothership, including their purchase and shipping;
• Evaluate eligibility of customers for certain offers, products or services;
• Evaluate the types of offers, products or services that may be of interest to customers;
• Track purchases and shipping of Mothership products and perform other analytics;
• Provide customer support;
• Fulfill purchase orders;
• Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about Mothership, such as Mothership news, special offers and coupons, announcements, and marketing materials;
• Provide advertisements to you through the Sites, email messages, text messages, applications, or other methods of communication;
• Manage our everyday business needs such as Site administration, forum management,
4. When and Why Mothership Discloses Personal Information
We will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties except to:
• Affiliated companies (e.g., subsidiaries and other companies owned by or controlled by Mothership) who may only use the Personal Information for the purposes described in Section 3 above.
• Our service providers that provide services for us such as sending emails on our behalf and processing payments. Our service providers are bound by law or contract to protect
the Personal Information and are only allowed to use the Personal Information in accordance with the terms of our service agreements with them.
• Effect a merger, acquisition, or otherwise; to support the sale or transfer of business assets; to enforce our rights or protect our property; to protect the rights, property or safety of others, investigate fraud, respond to a government request; or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions. We may also disclose Personal Information to defend ourselves in litigation or a regulatory action, and when required or advised to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate. If Mothership is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information. We may also disclose information about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, we may provide our business partners, or other third parties with reports that contain aggregated and statistical data about our users.
5. Cookies and Related Technologies
When you use our Sites, we collect certain information by automated or electronic means, using technologies such as cookies, pixel tags and web beacons, browser analysis tools, and web server logs. As you use our Sites and applications, your browser and devices communicate with servers operated by us, our business partners and services providers to coordinate and record the interactivity and fill your requests for services and information. The information from cookies and related technology is stored in web server logs and also in web cookies kept on your computers or mobile devices, which are then transmitted back to our Sites by your computers or mobile devices. These servers are operated and the cookies managed by us, our business partners or our service providers. Some cookies are temporary, whereas others may be configured to last longer. “Session” cookies are temporary cookies used for various reasons, such as to manage page views. Your browser usually erases session cookies once you exit your browser. “Persistent” cookies are more permanent cookies that are stored on your computers or mobile devices even beyond when you exit your browser. We use persistent cookies for a number of purposes, such as retrieving certain information you have previously provided (such as your user id if you asked to be remembered), and storing your preferences. Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on website pages or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed specific actions. When you access these pages or open email messages, the pixel tags and web beacons generate a notice of that action to us, or our service providers. These tools allow us to measure response to our communications and improve our web pages and promotions. Mothership collects many different types of information from cookies and other technologies. Mothership may collect information from the devices you use to access our Sites, your operating system type or mobile device model, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone of your device. Our server logs and record the Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses of the devices you use to interact with the Sites. Mothership may also collect information about the website you were visiting before you came to our Site and the website you visit after you leave our Site, if this information is supplied to us by your browser.
6. Your Choices
Users can limit the information provided to Mothership, and may limit the communications that Mothership sends to you. You may choose to subscribe to some types of messages, and may choose to unsubscribe from others. You may update your subscription preferences from time to time. Please note that even if you unsubscribe from promotional email messages, we may still need to contact you with important transactional information related to your account and your purchases. You may manage how your browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting its privacy and security settings. Browsers are different, so refer to instructions related to your browser to learn about cookie-related and other privacy and security settings that may be available. You may manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share Location Information. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings. You may also manage the sharing of certain Personal Information with us when you connect with us through a social media platform or application. Please refer to the privacy settings of the social media website or application to determine how you may adjust our permissions and manage the interactivity between Mothership and your social media account or your mobile device.
7. Accessing and Correcting Personal Information
Users will have several options to help keep Personal Information about you current. You can access, update and delete your Contact Information, Financial Account Information, and the other information you provided to use in your profile by logging into your account and accessing the “My Account” section of the Site. If you want to close your account or have other questions or requests, please contact us. While we are ready to assist you in managing your subscriptions, closing your account, and removing your active profile, we cannot always delete records of past interactions and transactions. Mothership is required to retain records relating to previous purchases on the Sites for financial reporting and compliance reasons. Mothership will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services and to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting purposes. Mothership will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
8. Security of Personal Information
Mothership maintains an information security program that contains administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to reasonably safeguard Personal Information. This includes the use of an industry-standard encryption technology to secure Financial Account Information when it is being transmitted over the Internet.
9. Notice to Residents of Countries outside the United States of America
Mothership Industries, LLC is limited liability company organized in the State of Florida in the United States of America. Personal Information may be accessed by us or transferred to us in the United States or to our affiliates, business partners, or service providers elsewhere in the world. By providing us with Personal Information, you consent to this transfer. We will protect the privacy and security of Personal Information according to our Privacy Statement, regardless of where it is processed or stored.
10. Privacy Practices of Third Parties
This Privacy Statement only addresses the use and disclosure of information by Mothership through your interaction with the Sites. Other websites that may be accessible through links from our Sites may have their own privacy statements and personal information collection, use, and disclosure practices. Mothership cannot maintain, warrant or control the Privacy Statements or practices of other websites.
12. Changes to this Privacy Statement
Mothership may update this Privacy Statement to clarify our practices or to reflect new or different privacy practices, such as when new features are added to our Sites. If Mothership makes any material changes, registered Users will be notified by email (sent to the email address specified in your account) or by means of notice on the Site prior to the change becoming effective. Mothership encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information about our privacy practices.
13. California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California can obtain certain information about the types of Personal Information that companies with whom they have an established business relationship have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the proceeding calendar year. In particular, the law provides that companies must inform consumers about the categories of Personal Information that have been shared with third parties, the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by Mothership pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, by writing us at the following address:
MOTHERSHIP INDUSTRIES, LLC
101425 OVERSEAS HWY
KEY LARGO FL 33037
Please allow 30 days for a response.